Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Using speech recognition on windows vista

I'm using my speech recognition on windows



It's not easy. In fact it's a little frustrating. So far the smallest words are the biggest problem. I didn't even know that I had this program on my computer. just finished taking my class on the Internet and my arm is hurting so bad that I could barely think.



I don't even know why it never occurred to me to start recording. Wait a minute, yes I do! My arm hurts! Because my arm hurts so bad I look for ways to simplify my life in a way that would minimize the amount of pain I feel in my arm. This means reducing the amount of clicks from my mouse.



I did that last year when I took my series 7 exam and my series 66 exam. I tend to write too much, obviously, and it was a problem that stemmed from an early college days. to write so many notes and study for so long that my entire arm, neck, and back would throb for hours. Gaming doesn't help at all either so there you have it.



This is actually pretty cool. I haven't had to touch my keyboard at while writing this post. O this is bad for you because that means I can write even more and waste very little energy doing it because I'm not lifting a finger. Still I do type faster. Trying to correct a misspelling, a sentence, or a paragraph can be a ballache. Let me tell you something teaching this thing how to say ballache was hysterical.



update: i think it took me about 30 minutes to get this all down. if i had typed it out i would have finished in what... 5-10 minutes at most. hopefully i can get this thing to work better. i think it has the potential to become very useful in the future...you know, when my arms fall off. :P

Mobile post sent by Maharet using Utterzreply-count Replies.

Misread Broadcasts

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin