Friday, April 24, 2009

It Was Only A Matter Of Time

I knew it. It was just a matter of time before I was firewalled from twittery goodness. You know, that's one of those things that just shouldn't happen. If people are stupid enough to waste so much time on the internet and not be productive then they should be fired.



I include myself in that. If I couldn't get my work done or continuously made stupid and potentially disastrous mistakes I too should be fired.



If I sit here and don't take any breaks, don't leave for lunch, don't walk around and chat at everyone's desk why can't I be allowed a tiny bit of freedom on the internet. Ah well, such is corporate life.



My boss, my lovely nearly bald boss, is going on vacation. That means I need to be at full attention anytime anyone calls the office. This time he'll be traveling with his iPhone and he's sick of the international roaming charges so he's decided to communicate via text message as much as possible.



Unfortunately, I allowed Twitter to send me text messages from certain individuals. I hadn't realized it would also send me all of their replies. I'm sure it must have something to do with the settings...



Either that or it's Utterli. I can't figure it out. Whatever site is sending the updates I need to get it fixed so I don't miss my bosses text messages. That and I'm getting calluses on my text fingers from deleting @brettbum's text messages. Brett, oh dearest Brett...I love you. I really do. I think it's the ponytail... *ahem* BUT I realize now that what you told @whateverherfacewas is truly of no interest to me or that of anyone else really, nor should it be.



I have to admit though, a part of me really does enjoy reading some tidbits here and there. You're one funny dude....dude.



Anyway, that's enough brettkissing...GET IT brettkissing...GOD I slay me! I think I'm just excited because it's Friday, my boss is going on vacation which means I'll be holding down the fort. I'll have back-up of course and I'm very comfortable with his back-up so I'm super happy.



Now that I'm firewalled from Twitter though it's only a matter of time before this site goes and possibly Ping.FM. I don't use it, but if this one is blocked I might be forced to. Utterli's one saving grace - Mobil Audio. I'm never far from my phone and my updates are only a phone call away. So firewall me, block me, deny me access all you want in your futile effort to increase productivity. I'm a rebel I tell you!!!



Hasn't anyone figured out that it actually doesn't work? It doesn't do anything at all. Blocking people from Myspace, YouTube, Facebook, or any other social networking site doesn't increase productivity. It also doesn't keep anyone from making an ass of themselves or the company they work for. For every site that gets blocked there are hundreds more that take it's place.



You want to know a secret. The only thing that really works is getting fired. I guarantee you that the threat of getting fired will keep all your employees productive and happy to have a job.



Man, I hope I don't get fired. That would suck.

Mobile post sent by Maharet using Utterlireply-count Replies.

Misread Broadcasts

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin