Thursday, July 16, 2009

Previously On The MisfitGamerz Blog

Sunday

Finding My Xbox Live Avatar

I haven't bothered to look for my Avatar, but here and there I'll sign on to a website that shows it. Cool thing is that it changes when I change it...I update my avatar regularly. Don't really know why, but it's a fun way to pass the time and express the way I might be feeling at the moment.



People never look the same and to have my little Avatar (which is supposed to represent me) look the same would feel dishonest to me. Sometimes I feel ugly, sad, angry or just plain FAT.



What I like about it most is that I can use it as a form of self expression without having to get too "emo" on the web. Kind of cool actully.



Here are the links for the avatar:



"Share Your Avatar

Display your avatar in your social networking profiles, email signatures, or on your blogs (Terms of Use apply). It's easy, here's how:



Create a new profile from the dashboard

Create and customize an avatar

Take a Gamer Picture of your avatar and save

In a browser, type in these URLs:

avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/(gamertag)/avatar-body.png



avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/(gamertag)/avatarpic-l.png



avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/(gamertag)/avatarpic-s.png " ~ xboxlive



Update: 1 min later...



Well, adding it to this post was really easy. I used my Google Chrome browser after adding the 1st avatar link to the address bar with MY GAMERTAG replacing the text "(gamertag)"

avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/maharet/avatar-body.png

I realized that copy pasting that link would be silly and so would saving it because I don't think it would change if I posted it anywhere else. In fact, I still have no idea if it will change. By change I mean update when I change clothes, facial features, etc. SO instead what I did was RIGHT CLICK and INSPECT ELEMENT which gave me this text:



>----- img style="-webkit-user-select: none" src="http://avatar.xboxlive.com/…r-body.png ---<



Here you have it:



WOOT! My avatar.

Mobile post sent by Maharet using Utterlireply-count Replies.

Misread Broadcasts

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin